If your student loans are through the federal government, you can quickly identify your loan servicer by logging in to your Government College student Assistance account with your FSA ID. Your account dashboard contains the name of your student loan servicer and other valuable information about your account, including the types of student loans you have, loan balances, and the accrued interest on those loans.
Other method to see your government student loan servicer is to phone call step 1-800-433-3243 or TTY step 1-800-730-8913 on deaf otherwise hard of hearing.
Federal education loan servicers
- Aidvantage – 1-800-722-1300
- ECSI – 1-866-313-3797
- FedLoan Maintenance (PHEAA) – 1-800-699-2908
- Granite State Administration & Tips (GSM&R) – 1-800-719-0708
- High Lakes Educational Mortgage Properties, Inc. – 1-800-236-4300
- HESC/Edfinancial – 1-855-337-6884
- MOHELA – 1-888-866-4352
- Nelnet – 1-888-486-4722
- OSLA Upkeep – 1-866-264-9762
- Standard Solution Group (only for government student education loans when you look at the standard) – 1-800-621-3115 or TTY 1-877-825-9923 for the deaf or hard of hearing
Changes started getting federal education loan servicers
You could have heard rumblings in the news about federal student mortgage servicing recently. (suite…)